Didactics of psychology
Study Cycle: 1
ECTS credit: 8
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Depolli Steiner Katja, red. prof. dr. Peklaj Cirila
- Theoretical approaches to teaching – behaviourist, cognitive-constructivist, humanistic approaches, implicit theories of teaching; teacher competencies; Montessori and Waldorf pedagogy.
- Factors of instruction – teacher, student, learning environment.
- Students' characteristics and teaching – abilities (Gardner and Sternberg theory, emotional intelligence), cognitive and learning styles, creativity.
- Inclusion and individualized instruction – students grouping, forms of individualization, programmed learning and computer-assisted instruction.
- Gifted students and students with learning disabilities.
- Students with special educational needs (SEN) (intellectual disabilities, specific learning disabilities, emotional and behavioural disorders, sensory (visual and hearing) impairments, communicational (speech and language) disorders, physical impairments, autistic spectrum disorders); definition, classification and prevalence of SEN students, their psychological, behavioural and learning characteristics, causes, methodology and identification criteria for different groups of SEN students. Education and specific help for students. Preparation of individualized programmes. Teachers’ education for work with SEN students in regular school.
- Instruction planning – types and taxonomies of instructional objectives, curriculum.
- Classroom assessment – methods and forms of assessment, alternative approaches to assessment, metric properties of school grades, subjective errors in school grading.
- Achievement tests – types of achievement tests, types of test items, test preparation, transformation of test scores into school grades.