Human Geography II
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Cigale Dejan, doc. dr. Ilc Klun Mojca, izr. prof. dr. Kušar Simon
- The structure of social geography, the position of economic geography within social geography, the definition of economic geography (development, approaches), theories and concepts, methods,
- Geographical dimensions of the market system, capitalism as a socio-political system,
- selected topics from industrial geography, traffic geography and geography of tourism and leisure, current contents from the field of economic geography,
- Economic development, geographical aspects of industrialization, location factors, industrialization, deindustrialization, tertiarization, globalization, multinational cooperations, global production chains and networks, the role of technology in economic development, natural resources, the role and structure of services,
- Important economic agglomerations, economic development in Slovenia.
- Indicators for analysis of economic power, structure and socio-economic characteristics of selected spatial units,
- the importance of natural conditions for agriculture , elements of agricultural economy , agricultural production and consumption ,
- land ownership in agriculture , agricultural land use,
- changes and trends in modern agriculture , specialisation and diversification in agriculture, agriculture and environment.