Introduction to Ethnomusicology C
Study Cycle: 1
Lecturer(s): doc. dr. Bogunović Hočevar Katarina, prof. dr. Pettan Svanibor Hubert
• Historical overview of the development of ethnomusicology.
• Contemporary concepts, theories, and methods.
• Relations among folk music research, comparative musicology, and modern ethnomusicology, and between the practice of ethnomusicology in Slovenia and elsewhere in the world.
• Ethnomusicology and other scholarly disciplines.
• Important ethnomusicologists, institutions, societies and literature in Slovenia and elsewhere.
• The path from fieldwork to the publishing of an ethnomusicological study.
• Introduction to ethnochoreology and ethno-organology.
• Selected topics from the practice of ethnomusicology worldwide.